The Home Energy Efficiency Report
(PDF, 2.5 MB - October 2008) to learn more about the current home energy rating tools available and how home sellers and buyers might use this information.
Find an Energy Pro
Not sure where to spend your home energy improvement dollars for the biggest bang for your buck? Consult with a professional.
A professional home energy audit can help you:
- Understand critical factors that contribute to inefficiencies and excessive energy use.
- Identify low cost and no-cost strategies to reduce energy use, as well as more comprehensive recommendations for home improvements.
- When purchasing to identify an energy-efficient home that will be comfortable and cost less to live in.
Find a professional energy rater:
For an investment of $75 to $750, consider a professional energy rating of your home.
- ENERGY STAR® Raters
National database of home energy raters.
- Texas HERO
A not-for-profit professional organization of home energy raters in Texas.
- RESNET Home Energy Raters
A national network of professional energy raters, mortgage companies, real estate brokerages, builders, appraisers and utilities.
Home buying is complex enough without having to know all the details of energy-efficient construction.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR Homes:
- What Makes a Home ENERGY STAR Qualified?
- Building Energy Efficient New Homes
- Take a Tour Behind the Walls
- Stories from Families Living in ENERGY STAR Homes
Find a professional builder:
Build the house of your dreams knowing that it also meets strict energy efficiency guidelines.